Avengers: Endgame art reveals Thanos' original weapon

An early concept design has revealed what Thanos' original weapon was in Avengers: Endgame.

In Marvel's 2019 blockbuster, the Mad Titan rocked a badass double-bladed sword, and his final look was completed by a detachable helmet, armour and – of course – the sword.

But thanks to one of the movie's design artists, we've now got a few initial sketches of the weapon the villain could have been brandishing.

Avengers: Endgame, Thanos, Josh Brolin

Concept designer Ian Joyner shared two images of Thanos on Twitter – including a full-body design drawing which shows Thanos wielding a massive axe, not a million miles away from Thor's hammer.

Who knows, Thanos might have had a better chance in that epic final battle scene if he'd kept his original weapon... but we doubt it.

"More warrior #Thanos options for #avengersendgame A dream project for sure!" Joyner captioned his post, alongside the concept drawings. "@jsmarantz did his final awesome armor design and @ryan_meinerding_art designed his overall amazing look for #infinitywar."

Bradley Prout

Comments

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MarvelSpider-ManFanNo.1 wrote on Andreasjjf's profile.
Hello @Andreasjjf. Welcome to The Avengers Project! ;) :)

I hope you enjoy your stay. Please contact myself or one of the other 'Staff Members', if you have concern or you need to ask a question. I am one of us will be happy to help you out.

MarvelSpider-ManFanNo.1
MarvelSpider-ManFanNo.1 wrote on Claudbug's profile.
Hello @Claudbug. Welcome to The Avengers Project! ;) :)

I hope you enjoy your stay. Please contact myself or one of the other 'Staff Members', if you have concern or you need to ask a question. I am one of us will be happy to help you out.

MarvelSpider-ManFanNo.1
MarvelSpider-ManFanNo.1 wrote on superqwerty11112's profile.
Hello @superqwerty11112. Welcome to The Avengers Project! ;) :)

MarvelSpider-ManFanNo.1
MarvelSpider-ManFanNo.1 wrote on SodaOD's profile.
Hello @SodaOD. Welcome to The Avengers Project! ;) :)

MarvelSpider-ManFanNo.1
MarvelSpider-ManFanNo.1 wrote on Webster's profile.
Hello @Webster. Welcome to The Avengers Project! ;) :)

MarvelSpider-ManFanNo.1